4 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day!
Today is World Nutella Day! The day when fans of the famous chocolatey hazelnut spread come together from all over the world to celebrate their passion for Nutella on social media through photos, recipes and messages. The day is so widely celebrated that it even has its own website!
If you’re looking for ways to celebrate World Nutella Day today then you’re in luck. From Nutella Sushi to Boozy Nutella Milkshake, we have some delicious recipes for you to try. So head to your kitchen and celebrate your Nutella love!
Celebrate World Nutella Day today with these Irresistible Recipes!
1. Nutella Sushi
Nutella Sushi is not only totally delicious but it’s also simple to make and somewhat healthy too! Simply lay out your wrap and spread Nutella over. Place the banana on top of your chocolate coating. Roll the wrap as you would Sushi. Cut into 2cm sections and enjoy!
- 1 Whole Wheat Wrap
- 1 Tbsp Nutella
- 1 Banana
2. Nutella Crispy Slice
Image and recipe courtesy of: gggiraffe.blogspot.co.za
This no-bake treat is inspired by the classic Crispy Treats and is quick and easy to whip up! This recipe uses rice malt syrup for binding which has some of stickiness without being as sweet as the traditional marshmallows. Gently stir together butter, golden syrup and rice malt syrup in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in ½ a cup of Nutella. Mix in Rice Krispies and coconut. Press into a lined slice tin (28 x 18cm) using your hands if necessary. Spread on the remaining Nutella and sprinkle with coconut. Chill in fridge until firm. Cut into squares and store these tasty treats in the fridge for your family to enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- 3 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 400g Nutella, divided
- 2 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Extra coconut for sprinkling
3. Nutella Brownies
Image and recipe courtesy of www.sallysbakingaddiction.com
If you love Brownies – wait until you try a Nutella Brownie! No chocolate or cocoa powder is added to this brownie batter. All of the chocolate flavour comes from Nutella to give them an incredibly concentrated and sweet chocolate hazelnut flavour!
- 1/3 cup (72g) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 1 and 1/4 cups (370g) Nutella, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup (94g) All-Purpose Flour
- optional: 3/4 cup (135g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with aluminium foil or baking paper, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the brownies out of the pan when cool. (If using a 9-inch pan, the bake time will be a few minutes less.) Set aside.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and beat until creamed. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on a low speed until combined. Beat in 1 cup Nutella and salt. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the flour, mixing just until combined. Do not overmix. If using chocolate chips, gently fold them in.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup Nutella on top. Using a knife, swirl the Nutella into the batter. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake the brownies for 32-36 minutes. Keep your eye on them and test with a toothpick to determine when done. If the toothpick comes out with only a couple moist crumbs, the brownies are done. The brownies may take a few minutes longer; all ovens vary.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Once cool, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares. You can top each with more sea salt if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. They won't last that long!
Make ahead tip: For longer storage, freeze the brownies for up to 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then bring to room temperature before serving.
4. The Boozy Nutella Milkshake
Image and recipe courtesy of www.thechiclab.tv
Booze + milkshakes - what more could you want? To make this delightful milkshake blend all ingredients together for two minutes. Add whipped cream on top. Add your favourite topping.
- 3 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Tbs Nutella
- 1 Shot Bourbon
- ¼ Cup Full Cream Milk
Are you celebrating World Nutella Day? Which of these Nutella recipes do you find most irresistible? Leave us a comment in the box below to let us know!