How to Install Your Franke Inset Sink into a Granite or Marble Type Worktop
Dying to get going with the installation of your new Franke Inset Sink? We’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to install your Franke Inset into your Granite or Marble countertop.
- Tape Measure
- Silicone Sealant
- Angle Grinder & Diamond Disk
- Screwdriver - shank at least 152mm/ 6
Follow this nifty guide to installing your Franke inset sink
1. Trace the sink profile onto the granite/marble slab, as per the template provided on the packaging, or programme the specifications into a CNC system.
2. Cut and polish (optional) the inside edge of granite slab to smooth out the edges. Be very careful whilst cutting so that you don’t lose a finger.
3. Mark out the position of each of the sink clip lugs onto the underside of your worktop, offset by 12mm of the cut out.
4. Using a Diamond Disk, cut a 60mm long groove, 2-3mm deep along marked line.
5. Fix the clips to sink. Ensure that there are a minimum of 4 clips on either length side of the sink.
6. Remove the screws from each clip, so that the sink will fit perfectly into the cut-out. These screws will then be re-attached to the sink clip, working from the underside of the worktop.
7. Generously apply silicone onto the folded edge of sink and along the edge of the cut out. Silicone acts as glue and further prevents water seeping underneath the worktop.
8. Carefully place the sink onto worktop.
9. Attach the screws to the clips. Ensure that the clips are lined up with the already cut grooves.
10. Tighten the screws to their maximum tension. The tightening ensures that the sink is pulled down firmly onto the work top preventing the sink from lifting at the edges and bowing.
11. Wipe away the silicone discharge from the worktop and smooth out the edges.
12. Sit back and leave the sink to set for 24 hours.
Install your inset sink by following the steps above and enjoy the pure luxury of your new Franke sink.