Our favourite South African recipes for Heritage “Braai Day”
Who can resist the mouth-watering flavours that come from our tasty South African Heritage? Heritage Day is fast approaching and we cannot wait to sink our teeth into a couple of these delicious South African recipes, which we specially sourced for you to impress your guests on braai day.
There’s nothing quite like fresh, homemade South African bread
These two recipes are the perfect side to complement your perfectly marinated meat.
- Roosterkoek - A delicious, traditional South Africa bread. Roosterkoek is basically balls of dough that are grilled over a braai to make yummy, warm toasted rolls.
- South African Mealie Bread – Another proudly South African recipe mealie bread is a flavoursome alternative, which adds a slightly sweet flavour to your braai.
These yummy, South African sticky marinade recipes will give your meat a lip-smacking flavour
- Sticky Short Ribs – This mouthwatering recipe will have your guests licking their fingers and begging for more, with hints of soy sauce and ginger they won’t be able to resist.
- 100% pure South African Braai Marinade – The 100% local ingredients loved by many South African’s, make this tasty recipe one to be used at every braai.
- Peri Peri Chicken – Add a little South African spice to your braai with this spicy recipe. But be warned this is for people with a strong palette.
Let’s be honest it’s hard to resist our sweet tooth, especially when it comes to the tantalizing dessert recipes from South Africa.
Be warned we cannot be held accountable for your second or possibly third helping of these tempting dessert recipes.
- Koeksisters – The gooey, syrupy goodness of this SA treat make for a wickedly good delicacy to finish off your braai.
- Melktart – Loved by most South Africans Melktart is a smooth, creamy dessert that soothes the palette.
- Malva Pudding – This dessert is one of our favourites! Served warm with a touch of ice-cream you’ll love this sweet, scrumptious treat.
October is Heritage month! It’s a month where we can be proud of our country and all that we have accomplished, and don’t forget it’s a month where we get to try out these delicious South African Recipes. Happy Heritage month South Africa!