Deliciously healthy, banting cauliflower pizza base recipe
With spring around the corner, people have started to rush to the gym, and are resuming their healthy lifestyles. Now we know it can be hard to resist the temptation of a delicious pizza, whilst trying to stay on a healthy path. So we have sourced this tasty recipe for a banting-friendly cauliflower pizza base to ensure that you can enjoy a little cheat, without the guilt that comes with it.
Cauliflower pizza base ingredients
- ½ a cauliflower head
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of mozzarella (grated)
- 2 table spoon of parmesan
- ¼ cup of tomato puree
- 1 cup of plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of chopped red peppers
- Salt & pepper to season
- Basil leaves
Prepare your cauliflower pizza base
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Cover a baking tin (rimmed) using greaseproof paper.
- Using a food processor chop up the cauliflower.
- Transfer the chopped cauliflower into a large bowl and place it into the microwave for 7-8 minutes or until soft. Allow it to cool.
- Stir the egg, mozzarella & parmesan cheese into the cooked cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
- When the mixture is properly combined, transfer it into a baking tin and pat it down, shaping it into a circle on the pizza pan.
- Spray the pan lightly with spray and cook.
- Bake the cauliflower pizza base for about 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top it off with your favourite toppings and then cover with mozzarella.
- Place the cauliflower pizza back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve nice and warm.
Recipe and image sourced from www.paelopower.co.za
Let Suzelle and ‘banting man’ Tim Noakes show you how it’s done on this hilarious short video on ‘How to Make a Cauliflower Pizza Base’
Enjoy a delicious, guilt free treat by following the recipe above for a cauliflower pizza base.