Make Autumn entertaining wonderful
As the season changes from summer into Autumn and we have all finally settled back into work after the holidays we are now ready to invite people over for dinner again. To spice up your evening why not welcome your guests with this delicious Autumn cocktail to get the party started.
Spiced Pear Collins! Yum…
MAKES 1 COCKTAIL
- 44ml gin
- 44ml pear puree
- 22ml rosemary- and clove-infused simple syrup
- 22ml lemon juice
- Dry sparkling wine or soda water, to top
- 1 spring rosemary, to garnish
FOR THE PEAR PUREE
- 2 pears, peeled and pitted
- 44ml lemon juice
- 1½ tsp fresh rosemary
FOR THE ROSEMARY AND CLOVE SIMPLE SYRUP
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 oz. whole cloves
- 3 sprigs rosemary
Simple Syrup Instructions
- Combine the sugar, water, cloves, and rosemary in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Wait for the mixture to boil and then remove it from the heat.
- Leave the syrup to stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- This mixture makes enough syrup for + - 5 cocktails.
Pear Puree Instructions
- Cut the pears into slices.
- Add the sliced pears, lemon juice and rosemary into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve and throw away the leftover pulp.
- This will leave you with about one cup of puree.
- This mixture makes enough puree for + - 5 cocktails.
Conbine Your Ingredients
- Add the pear puree, rosemary and clove syrup, lemon juice and gin into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker.
- Shake quickly until chilled.
- Finally pour the mixture into a high ball glass and top off with sparkling wine or soda water.
- Garnish with rosemary and welcome your guests with this delicious Autumn cocktail.
Recipe sourced from Saveur.com
2 easy tips to get conversation flowing:
- To avoid personal jokes and conversations, always separate married couples.
- Put talkers next to listeners so that conversations flow well.
March is the month to sit back, relax and enjoy the company of great friends and family while the leaves begin to fall and the months get colder.